Ankur Warikoo is an entrepreneur, influencer, angel investor, mentor and public speaker, based out of India. His Age, Biography, Book Recommendations, Networth & Lifestory is shared in this post. He founded nearbuy.com in 2015 and was the CEO until 2019. Prior to that, he started the Groupon India business in 2011 and was the APAC GM, until 2015. Due to his love for public speaking, Ankur Warikoo started a video series caleed “Warikoo Wednesdays” on LinkedIn where he talked about his experiences as a CEO of a company and motivated people. As his videos became a massive hit he expanded his presence on various other social media platforms like Instagram and YouTube.
Ankur Warikoo Bio/Wiki
|Full Name||Ankur Warikoo|
|Date of Birth||25 August 1980|
|Age||40 (As in 2021)|
|Weight (approx.)||72 Kg|
|Birth Place||Kashmir, India|
|Profession||Entrepreneur, Motivational Speaker,|
Angel investor & Social Media Influencer
|Owner||Co-Founder of Nearbuy|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$8 Million|
|Educational Qualification||Scientist & M.B.A|
|College/University||Hindu College, Delhi (India)|
Michigan State University, Michigan (United States)
Indian School of Business
|School||Don Bosco School, New Delhi (India)|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian by choice|
|Favorite Singer||Sonu Nigam, Arijit Singh, Kailash Kher & Shan|
|Favorite Place||India, U.S & Italy|
|Favorite Food||Kashmiri Cuisine, South Indian Cuisine, |
Bengoli Cuisine & Indian Street Food
|Favorite Drink||Nothing except WATER|
Ankur Warikoo Wife
Ankur Warikoo is married to Ruchi Budhiraja Warikoo. They have 2 children named Uzma and Vidur.
Ankur Warikoo Lifestory & Career
- As a child Ankur Warikoo was always a bright student. He completed his schooling with vision to become a scientist.
- He did his graduation from in India and then went to U.S.A to pursue M.S in Physics.
- As stated by Ankur in many of his interviews, while pursuing his M.S he realized that, though he was moving in the correct direction to become a scientist but he was not enjoying his studies as he had developed more interest in management studies.
- In 2004, he came back to India and pursued M.B.A from Indian School of Business.
- Biggest mistake as recalled by Ankur, is that he didn’t realize his life goal perfectly in his early 20’s. But in his later 20’s he realized his mistake and switched his career.
- After completing his M.B.A, Ankur Warikoo joined Kearney Management Consulting Company as a management consultant where he for 3 years until 2009.
- In 2009, he quit consulting for starting a startup and over the next couple of years he built several websites across automobiles, education, finance. The big one of that became Gaadi.com, which eventually got sold to goibibo.com in 2010.
- Post Gaadi.com, in 2011, He started Groupon’s India business as the founding CEO. And led the business for 4 years until 2015.
- In 2015, Ankur with his teammates started nearbuy.com, in which he was the CEO.
- In 2016, he started an online video series called “Warikoo Wednesdays” on LinkedIn where he spoke about his experience as a founder, CEO and a people manager.
- In 2019 he stepped down as CEO with other 2 co-founders of nearbuy.
- As “Warikoo Wednesdays” on LinkedIn was becoming a big hit. Ankur decided to take it further on Instagram and YouTube.
- The 3 best things which Ankur likes doing a lot are – Public Speaking, Connecting with people & Story telling.
- He lives to live a very healthy life. He daily follows a nice exercise routine and practices breathing exercise to keep the mind relaxed.
- As Ankur Warikoo is renowned motivational speaker, his advice for teenagers and youngsters is
- Never judge people according to your principles. Always focus on positive qualities of people around you.
- If you are half heatedly doing a job or a work just to show-off in front of people, then you will not get successful in life.
- If you are in your 20’s then you explore yourself by doing different types of things to find out your area of interest. Only after completely exploring yourself you should start your career.
- For living a healthy lifestyle avoid processed food and junk food as much as you can.
Ankur Warikoo Book Recommendations
- Tuesdays With Morrie
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
- The Alchemist
- Man’s Search For Meaning
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Quiet: The power of introverts
- Wait, How Do I Write This Email?
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?
- Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action
- Mindset: Changing The Way You think To Fulfil Your Potential
- Atomic Habits
- ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines and Habits of Billionaires
FAQ about Ankur Warikoo
Q. What is Ankur Warikoo's height in feet ? A. 5.7 Foot
Q. What is Ankur Warikoo's Instagram Id ? A. ankurwarikoo
Q. What is the name of Ankur Warikoo's Youtube Channel ? A. warikoo
Q.Does Ankur Warikoo drinks alcohol ? A.No
Q.Does Ankur Warikoo smokes ? A.No
Q. What is Ankur Warikoo's age ? A. 40 Years
Q. What is Ankur Warikoo's Wife name ? A. Ruchi Budhiraja Warikoo
Q. Ankur Warikoo Course ? A. If you are planning for a startup then Ankur Warikoo's business course can help you a lot. The detail course information is available at ankurwarikoo.com
Q. Who acquired Nearbuy? A. In December 2017, Paytm acquired Nearbuy and invested in the merged entity. After Ankur Warikoo stepped down as CEO of Nearbuy, Co-founders Ravi Shankar and Snehesh Mitra took over the management of the company as the CEO and COO, respectively.
- Mehar Sindhu Batra aka MSBVISION Biography, Age & Lifestory
- Abhishek Jain aka The IIM GUY Biography, Age & Lifestory
- Andrea Kevichusa (Anek Actress) Biography, Age, Height, Boyfriend & Movies
- Alika Bhatt (YouTuber) Biography, Age, Husband name, Lifestory & More
- Esha Shetty (YouTuber) Biography, Age, Height, Sister, Boyfriend & Lifestory
- Sarah Sarosh (YouTuber) Biography, Age, Height, Husband & More