Karishma Mehta is an Indian entrepreneur. Her Age, Biography, Book Recommendations, Career Information & Lifestory is shared in this post. She started a page named “Humans of Bombay” on Facebook and Instagram in 2014. Her aim to start “Humans of Bombay (HOB)” page was share life story of people of Bombay from different backgrounds, through which people could relate their lives.
As her vlogs became a massive hit, Karishma used her page to spread awareness on social issues and even raise funds for a special cause. The real life stories of people which is shared on “HOB” mainly revolves around abusive marriages, acid attack survivor, daughters of sex workers, etc.
Karishma Mehta Biography
|Full Name||Karishma Mehta|
|Date of Birth||5 March 1992|
|Age||29 (As of 2021)|
|Weight (approx.)||70 Kg|
|Birth Place||Mumbai (Maharashtra, India)|
|Home Town||Mumbai (Maharashtra, India)|
|Profession||Entrepreneur & Social Media Influencer|
|Owner||Founder of “Humans of Bombay“|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
|Educational Qualification||Business and Industrial Economics|
|College/University||University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England)|
|School||Bombay Scottish School (Mahim, Mumbai)|
|Food Habit||Non Vegetarian|
|Favorite Author||J.K Rowling|
|Favorite Person||J.K Rowling|
|Favorite Place||London (U.K)|
|Hobbies||Meditation, Travelling & Photography|
Karishma Mehta Husband Name
Karishma Mehta is not married to anyone. In many of her interviews she has said that “Humans of Bombay” is everything to her.
Also Read — Ankur Warikoo Biography
Karishma Mehta Lifestory & Career
- Karishma Mehta is a freelance writer and a photographer by profession.
- She is born and raised in Mumbai. She is fluent in three languages, Hindi, English and Marathi.
- In 2013, she moved to Nottingham (UK), where she studied Business and Economics from the university of Nottingham. But after her graduation she felt that mainstream business just wasn’t for her.
- Back in 2013, she came back to India and decided to do nothing for some time and figure out what she is really passionate about.
- In 2014, she started a page named “Humans of Bombay” on Facebook. The idea was inspired from photographer Brandon Stanton’s Facebook page “Humans of New York”.
- According to Karishma, the main idea behind starting “Humans of Bombay” was to share life stories of different people through it. She listens to life stories of people as they are full of ups and downs and have an emotional touch in them. She then convinces them to share their stories through her page which could educate and inspire people.
- The real life stories of people which is shared on “HOB” mainly revolves around abusive marriages, acid attack survivor, daughters sex workers, etc.
- In 2017, Karishma launched the book version of “HOB” and named it “Humans of Bombay“.
- By 2018, Karishma’s team at Humans of Bombay, expanded to six members in Mumbai, with freelance members in other parts of India as well.
- One of the biggest achievement of “HOB” was when, team “HOB” conducted a Facebook campaign with the aim of raising funds for an organisation called “Kranti” that helps the daughters of sex workers in Mumbai. While the aim was to collect Rs. 5 lakhs, Humans of Bombay ended up collecting Rs. 6.5 lakhs in just one day.
- In 2021, Karishma Mehta the second edition of his book “Humans of Bombay“ which became an instant hit just after the launch.
- One of the best moments in her life was when she got a chance to interview, Prime Minister of India – Shri. Narendra Modi.
- The 3 best things which Karishma likes doing a lot are – Public Speaking, Connecting with People & Story Telling. Due to her strong speaking skills, she got a chance to speak at TEDx.
- Karishma likes to live to live a very healthy life. She daily follows a nice exercise routine and practices breathing exercise to keep the mind relaxed.
- A lesser known fact about Karishma is, she never took any type of lessons in photography. She learned photography on her job itself.
- Besides running HOB page, Karishma is also a freelance writer for various publication, including National Geographic.
- As Karishma is a social media influencer, her advice for teenagers and youngsters is
- Never judge people according to your principles. Always focus on positive qualities of people around you.
- Don’t hesitate in sharing your thoughts and problems with people whom you trust the most.
- Have a vision in life. It doesn’t matter what your educational qualification is, always follow your passion in life and just go with it.
- One thing which Karishma loves doing is reading. A few books from her shelves are;
FAQ about Karishma Mehta
Q.What is Karishma Mehta's Instagram Id ? A.karimehta05
Q.What is Karishma Mehta's Twitter Id ? A.@Karishma_Mehta5
Q.What is Karishma Mehta's age ? A.29 Years
Q. What is Karishma Mehta's husband name ? A. N/A
FAQ’s about Humans of Bombay
Q.Humans of Bombay Facebook page ? A.@humansofbombay
Q.Humans of Bombay Instagram account name ? A.officialhumansofbombay
Q.How to buy Humans of Bombay book online ? A.You can simply buy the book by clicking on - Humans of Bombay Book 2021 Edition
Q.Who started Humans of Bombay ? A.Karishma Mehta
Q.How does Humans of Bombay Earn ? A.Humans of Bombay is a story sharing portal. The earning mainly comes from brand collaborations and campaigns.
- Andrea Kevichusa (Anek Actress) Biography, Age, Height, Boyfriend & Movies
- Alika Bhatt (YouTuber) Biography, Age, Husband name, Lifestory & More
- Esha Shetty (YouTuber) Biography, Age, Height, Sister, Boyfriend & Lifestory
- Sarah Sarosh (YouTuber) Biography, Age, Height, Husband & More
- Jinal Inamdar (YouTuber) Biography, Age, Husband Name, Height & QnA
- Aastha Shah Biography, Age, Height, Vitiligo, Boyfriend, Life Story and More